Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday's "Mosaic Omelet"...

Happy Sunday!  It's a beautiful, bright and crisp fall morning here...an absolutely gorgeous day!  This morning I decided to make myself a Mosaic Omelet for brunch.  I still had lots of tri-colored mini sweet peppers left that I needed to use, so I diced them along with a little bit of onion and sauteed in olive oil until crisp-tender.  I tossed in a few snipped chives to add a little more color and flavor.  I poured the eggs over the cooked veggies in the pan and lightly covered to help cook the top of the omelet; sprinkled with grated sharp cheddar cheese and then folded over and slid on to my plate.  I still had some leftover Easy Cheese Baguette Bread that I made Thursday night too...so I sliced it and lightly grilled both sides in a non-stick pan sprayed with olive oil until toasty; buttered and "voila", I had little cheesy toast sticks to go along with my omelet.  It was absolutely delicious!  I snapped a few pics below for you to see.  Enjoy!

Voila!
BOOM!
Happy Sunday!

No comments: